It’s time to get rid of those binders in your kitchen – the ones with the stains, creases, and missing pages that seem to get dirtier every time you take them out. You know what we’re talking about. They seem to always get in the way and we’ve all spilled grease or sauce on them at some point or another, right?
Well, if that wasn’t reason enough to ditch your binder, here you go: the top ten reasons to ditch your paper logs and go digital.
- Get modern: step into the 21st century and appeal to those younger employees.
- Ensure that things are done on time with notifications. A lot of digital platforms will send push notifications to your team to make sure they meet deadlines.
- Make sure that things are done correctly. With paper, there's no real accountability. Someone can cheat by “pencil whipping,” AKA just writing it down when they're not actually doing it. But with a digital platform, you have the real-time feedback there.
- Increased accountability on who was doing things and when things are being done. Going back to the real-time updates, you're going to get real-time updates for missed items. So if things aren't getting done on time, you're going to know instantly. Whereas with paper, you don't really have visibility there.
- Smaller chance of ruining important documents.
- Reduce paper waste. This will benefit both the environment and your wallet!
- Save time at the store level with the logging, filing, and reporting because it will all happen quickly and in real-time.
- Inspections will be a breeze – you won’t have to go looking for the paperwork when the health inspector comes in.
- Manage all of your locations from your office from one spot.
- Improve the employee experience. When using a digital platform, employees have a better time and you can work some gamification processes in there as well.
Truthfully, the list goes on and on but these are the top 10 reasons! What other reasons to ditch paper logs have you seen?