Let’s face it, it is more important now than ever to have a clean safe restaurant for your customers. Since the coronavirus, our customers need reassurance that it is safe to eat and dine in our restaurants.
Some restaurants are promoting their safety processes for the customers to see such as signs on the door, entryway, and throughout the restaurant. While some promote it and some do not, what is most important is that the cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting is getting done. Your customers are paying attention so don’t let them down. Here are 5 steps to help you create that “safe clean” space.
- Remove food & soil, wash and rinse dishes. Dust throughout and sweep continuously. Wipe tables and chairs prior to sanitizing and disinfecting. This would be considered the “cleaning” stage.
- Sanitize all countertops and high-touch surfaces such as doorknobs and bathrooms. Also make sure to sanitize cutting boards and any food prep equipment that is used for more than one item. An example being if you use special tools to portion out peanut butter or other nut-based products, sanitizing the item before moving onto the next food item will ensure that cross-contamination does not occur.
- Allow the sanitizer to fully dry on the surface before you begin to disinfect. This will ensure that the sanitizer has had enough time to set.
- Disinfect the areas that you sanitized, paying special attention to high-touch surfaces such as doorknobs and bathrooms. This is the most important step. Disinfecting is the final step in the cleaning process and it makes sure that any potential pathogens have been eliminated.
- Repeat this process on a daily basis, or however often is advised.
It is important to follow the steps in this order because it will ensure the maximum health and safety of both your employees and customers.